Create an Account & Register to Bid:
For first time bidders, this is a TWO-PART PROCESS
1. CREATE AN ACCOUNT
- Click BID ONLINE, then click SIGN UP or simply Click here!
- Set up your Username and Password. You only need to do this once.
- Please keep your username and password in a safe place. You are financially responsible for all bids placed by a user that is logged in with this username and password.
2. REGISTER TO BID
- Login with your Username and Password
- Click REGISTER TO BID (NOTE: Each auction is a separate event. You will receive a different Bidder number for each participating auction. To bid again in future auctions, you must register again and receive a new bidder number).
- Verify your contact information is accurate. MHC will need to contact you if you’re the winning bidder!
- Fill in credit card information – MHC WILL NOT CHARGE YOUR CARD FOR HORSES PURCHASED! This process is used verify our bidders identity.
- Click the box next to “Agree to Terms & Conditions of Sale” and “I am 18 years of age or older”
- Click REGISTER. Now you are Ready To Bid!
- NOTE: Horses are listed for viewing for 2-3 weeks. However, active bidding will only be open for one day, last day of the auction. Bidding will open at 9 am and close at 5 pm (CDT) with a Race Horse Style Closing (review below).
How to Place Bids:
- Once bidding opens, Click the BID button on the desired horse’s profile.
- “Next Bid” indicates what the next bid needs to be in order to be the next highest bidder. Bidding is set in increment amounts. If two bidders bid at the same time, the first bid that reaches the internet auction computer will be given the amount – the second bidder will be asked to bid the next available amount.
- Click only once to place a bid, Your bid will be visible the next time your page refreshes.
Max Bid or Automatic Bidding (Recommended):
- With automatic bidding you can enter your maximum bid, then sit back and watch. When you set your Maximum Bid, the auction software automatically bids on your behalf up to your maximum bid, only if another bidder is bidding against you.
- The system only bids on your behalf as necessary to keep you as the high bidder. If there are no opposing bidders, your bid will not advance.
- If another bidder has a higher maximum, you will be outbid.
- If the Lot closes for less than your maximum, that’s all you’ll have to pay.
- Placing a max bid keeps you from having to come back to re-bid every time another bid is placed.
- Using the single Bid button will not be as quick as using the Automatic Bid.
- Due to slow internet connections, we cannot guarantee last second bids will get through every time. We strongly suggest utilizing the max/automatic bidding to ensure your bids are not delayed.
- Please review your bid BEFORE you click the BID button!
Extended Bidding – Race Horse Style Closing:
- All auctions will end with an auto-extend, Race Horse Style Closing.
- All Lots are set to close at the SAME time.
- However, if there has been a BID placed on ANY Lot within the last 5 minutes of the auction closing, the timer will reset to 5 minutes on ALL Lots.
- This will continue until 5 minutes has passed without ANY bids placed on ANY LOT. This gives our Buyers time to Bid on more than one Lot if they choose.
- Watch the time clock under the picture of the horse to determine how much time remains.
Example of Race Horse Style Closing:
- The sale is scheduled to close at 5 pm.
- A bid is placed on a single Lot at 4:57 pm (less than 5 minutes remaining). The sale now goes into extended bidding and the timer resets to 5 minutes on ALL Lots (every lot remains open to bids).
- If another bid is placed on ANY Lot, the timer will reset again to 5 minutes. This will continue until no bids have been placed on any Lots.
- If no additional bids are placed, the timer will run out and the sale will be declared closed. All Lots will close at the same time.
- $0 – $10,000 = $500.00
- $10,000 and up = $250.00
Previewing Horses & Veterinary Exams:
- MHC encourages all potential Buyers to contact consignors directly, ask questions and/or schedule a visit to meet horses prior to sale day. We want all of our Buyers to be confident and comfortable placing their bids!
- All horses are required to pass a thorough veterinary exam for consignment but these are not meant to be a replacement for a complete pre-purchase exam. These are posted on each horses profile for you and your veterinarian to review.
- Potential Buyers reserves the right to have a complete Pre-Purchase exam performed by licensed veterinarian. If requested, the potential Buyer is financially responsible and all exams must be performed prior to sale day. Post-purchase exams are NOT accepted. It is the potential Buyer’s responsibility to contact the Seller to arrange a pre-purchase exam.
- MHC does NOT charge a Buyers Premium!
- Immediately following the auction, the Seller will contact the Buyer.
- DEPOSIT: MHC requires the Buyer to pay Seller a deposit of 10% of purchase price within 2 hours of Lot closing, via PayPal, Venmo, or any other payment method approved by Seller. (Note: If paying with PayPal, we recommend paying through friends & family to avoid additional fees. If not using friends & family, a processing fee may be added to the balance BY the Seller).
- PAYMENT: The remaining balance is required to be paid in FULL to Seller the following business day by the close of the Sellers financial institution (Time zone of the Seller) via wire transfer, cash, approved check, or credit card (fees may apply).
- MHC will send an invoice to both Buyer and Seller with the approved amount to be paid to the Seller.
- Full payment must be cleared before any horse will be transported.
- Seller is required to care for the horse, free of charge, for a minimum of 14 days for transport to be arranged and horse to be picked up. After 14 days, Seller reserves the right to charge a daily boarding fee.
- It is the Buyers responsibility to contact the Seller and arrange transportation.
- TRANSPORT: Click Here to see our list of trusted & recommended transporters!
- EQUINE INSURANCE: Click here to contact our trusted & recommended agent!
All of us at MHC are here to make your buying experience SAFE, SIMPLE and EASY! Call us with your questions! Thank you for trusting us to help you find your Dream Horse!
Click here to view our Bidder Terms & Conditions
*All MHC Auctions are conducted by a licensed auctioneer in the State of Mississippi through an online bidding platform. All bids are solicited and received in the State of Mississippi. Auctioneer: Erica D. Way, license #1680